
Thugged Out
Originally uploaded by cheryl_lynn425.
This shall be the blog about LOTS.
Monday after class and dinner and everything, I'm sorta hesitant to admit, but about 10 of us went to see "Snakes on a Plane." Now trust me, I know what you are thinking -- "I wouldn't pay to see a flick about snakes on a plane." So please rest assured, I did not pay for this. Ashley and I told the boys (Matt, Steve, Melvin & Jake) that we could/would not pay to see such a movie but they wanted us to go so bad that they offered to pay for us!! Such is their devotion to Snakes on a Plane. I have to hand it to the boys though, at least the theatre they took us to rocked. It was in Kings Cross and instead of normal seats had futons and couches!! So I kicked backed with everyone and watched one of the top 100 worst movies of all time. In fairness to Samuel L. Jackson, I have actually seen worse. I was expecting top 20 worst movies of all time, and am pleased to say it was definitely in the 50-100 range, leaving the top 50 to flicks such as "Garden State" and "The Good Girl."
And today was Halloween!! Before we get into the Halloween goodness, I just have to tell you that my fav soap box of all time came up today at work: men who lack chivalry. Apparently this epidemic is in full swing in Australia as well. Poor girls, if only they could move to the southern part of the US and/or the glorious state of Texas.
OK so on to Hallowee goodness. We had a party with students from UTS at the Australian Youth, a local pub. Ashley was key in the event planning, working with the UTS RA's to get this party in gear. I helped her decorate for an hour before the shindig but thats about all I can claim.
The costumes were excellent! Al showed up in his work clothes so we deemed him a "white collar American," at least until Ashley tied an orange streamer bowtie on him at which point he became Dr. Doolittle. I was Matt Ryan, complete with "Mattitude" T-shirt, the ever present khaki shorts, a Lafayette ball cap and of course, the much loved box of wine. (Please note, box empty b/c the real Matt would have downed that baby by 6p.) I gotta tell you, many times thoughout the night I was told I was the spitting image of Matt. Ashley was "pretty fly for a white guy." Steve was Scuba Steve, Ankur was a Super Troopers cop, Andrew was "left overs" wrapping himself in tin foil, Kristina was the iPod sillhoutte from the ads. I'm honestly not sure what Corey and Joey were but they wore some leopard skin pieces. and Jake Cassidy, he was a "waist of time" with a belt of watches. Not too shabby huh??
And now its verging on bedtime in the land down under, so I believe I will read a little about future presidential candidate Barack Obama and at some point, hit the hay.
Cheers!!

1 comment:
what??? are you dissing Garden State? it's one of my all time favorite flicks.
Post a Comment