
Hobbiton
Originally uploaded by cheryl_lynn425.
DAY SEVEN
Sadly friends, it was time to head back to Auckland to eventually fly back to Sydney. Though I have to admit, its sorta hard to be sad about leaving vacation, even vacation in New Zealand when you are returning to Australia. I mean it could be so much worse, I could be flying back to Wyoming or Iowa.
We had to trade in buses, which I must admit may have been the saddest part about heading back to Auckland. There was lots of email exchanging between the others on the bus, especially Claire and Dee who I think we all came to like best. But no worries because they will be in Sydney while we are all still here. And Bodhi, we had to say our farewells to Bodhi, also pretty heartbreaking. Kristina said she may name her first born after him in memory of our adventure....
Our new bus driver was Pumba, yes like the creature from Lion King. He was OK, I mean he could drive just fine and that was his main function right? He sure did talk a lot though.
We made a quick lunch stop in Matamata, NZ which is only photo worthy because many Lord of the Rings scenes were filmed here. But thats all Matamata has going for it....at all. Oh and there is a Subway sandwich shop which was open thus making it the most appealing thing in town on a Saturday when apparently nothing else is open.

No comments:
Post a Comment