Saturday, October 28, 2006

Ashley's Birthday, Part 1


IM000752.JPG
Originally uploaded by cheryl_lynn425.

Last night we went out for Ashley's 22nd Birthday Part One: Dinner. Because our show at the Opera House begins at 8 tonight (and b/c there are 18 of us going!) Ankur and Irene made the executive decision that we did not have time to go out beforehand. Especially when trying to feed and organize that many people. Instead 14 of us went out for Lebanese food in a Sydney suburb called Surry Hills last night.

It was complete with cushions on the floor for seating and a belly dancer. The food was excellent although to be totally honest, I don't know what any of it was, with the exception of the hummus.

After a late dinner we hit up the Clare Hotel which was on the walk home for a drink and then back to Unilodge where we intended to keep the evening going. However within half an hour of our return there were 6 or 7 nearly asleep people in my room for what was supposed to be the "post-party." Ashley and I made the official "bed time" call and escorted most of the crowd the four feet it takes to get out of our room. A straggler or two may have slept on our couch, but hey I live in 14A most the time, thats nothing new in my life.

And now its about time to begin this evenings activities, with a shower coming in first, then dinner and eventually off to the Opera House to see "The Hospital."

Today's activities, mostly un-birthday related thus far, are oddly wrapped up in one line from my pal and yours, Dave:
"Into your heart I'll beat again."
I don't think he had in mind the same thing I do when he decided to record that song but as I was typing this entry and I heard "Crash Into Me," the song as a whole, and especially that line seemed a fitting description for the part of me that suddenly feels more attached to people and events in the States than I have most of the semester.

No comments: