
IM000717.JPG
Originally uploaded by cheryl_lynn425.
On Sunday, Ashley and I took a bus tour up to Cape Tribulation and the Daintree Rainforest. It began with a Crocodile Cruise down the Daintree River where we saw just one croc. Then we went up to the rainforest for a walk through, no worries, it was a marked path, actually a boardwalk for the most of it so we weren't just wandering aimlessly through the rainforest, though that would have been kinda cool. I think the trees in this pic are the kind they would use to fan me if I were a queen in some middle eastern or asian country.
Then we stopped for lunch and went out on this amazing beach. Its where the Daintree Rainforest meets the beach in North Queensland. AWESOME. Then down to Mossman's Gorge and Port Douglas at which point I officially had no battery power left on my camera but such is life huh?
We met some really interesting people on our tour, like Stephan, a German guy about to start Uni after he finishes traveling...someday. David, a Dutch student taking a year off between high school and Uni. And we saw Elaina who had been out with us the night before and was friends with our Aussie football friends.
It was a good but long day and when we got back to Cairns, I had dinner with everyone, wrote some postcards, which I will mail if I ever get stamps, and just crashed. But definitely a great trip to Cairns where we saw and did tons!
Cheers!!

No comments:
Post a Comment