Monday, October 16, 2006

Rotorua


IM000584.JPG
Originally uploaded by cheryl_lynn425.

DAY THREE
When we arrived in Rotorua it was cold and raining intermittently. Dana and I had planned on "luge-ing" down one of the hills (which looked like mountains to me) but she was already sick and I had no desire to get sick in the cold rain. Instead we went with Liz down to the lake and then walked through a public geyser park. It seemed that since we had chosen not to luge down the mountain it was going to be sunny and beautiful. It was for the most part except for on our walk back from the geyser park. The rain started out of no where, ice cold and sideways. So we ran into a pub, had hot chocolate and waited it out. Lucky for us the pub had a great view of the lake and what used to be the old government house and is now a museum with beautiful architecture, like something out of the Swiss alps. I temporarily felt like I was in the book Heidi.
We went back to our hostel, Hot Rocks where we had the view you can see in this photo. Thats right for $25NZD we looked out to the hills and trees. BEAUTIFUL. Lexi and Kristina came back from white water rafting and we had dinner near the lake, fabulous Thai food. Then back to the hostel to soak in the naturally heated spas. End day three :)
Cheers!

No comments: