
IM000665.JPG
Originally uploaded by cheryl_lynn425.
DAY SEVEN
This my friends, concludes the New Zealand trip blogs. Lexi and I ventured to the top of the sky tower, took many fabulous pics of Auckland from way up high and then met up with the remainder of Team America.
We had a cheap dinner at the hostel, played in a pool tournament which none of us even came close to winning, bar hopped a bit and ended up at a 24 hour coffee shop near the harbour. It was an all-nighter like no other with the taxi taking us to the airport at 3am. All I have to say is God bless Qantas and their fabulous feed everyone on every flight policy. Breakfast had never tasted so good!!!
When I finally got back to Sydney, I crashed for a couple hours, got my hair cut and picked up groceries. That about sums up Sunday.
Monday I had my first Social Policy class which seems like it will be very interesting but pretty intense too. Lots of reading for that one. Then dinner with Jake (chicken in alfredo sauce over pasta with caesar salad), then Grey's Anatomy with the ladies and finally across the street for a glass of wine and recapping on spring break trips with the usual suspects. I think my friends had equally good trips; Ashley visited Ayer's Rock and Adelaide with her Mom, Jess's Mom spent the week in Sydney, Matt/Ankur/Andrew went to the Whitsundays and Frasier Island, Jake/Mike did a down the coast bus tour, Meredith met up with Jake/Mike in Byron Bay, Steve's girlfriend visited and many many others hit up Cairns to see the reef where I will be this weekend.
Today (Tuesday) I began my internship with the Aussie Cancer Council. Everyone I have met so far seems to be very passionate about the cause and excited to have a new American intern on board for a bit. Apparently Ameican interns is what they do at this office as there is one, Mike, from Kansas City also there at the moment. I'm going to be helping Anne, the events coordinator, secure celebrity endorsements for Australia's Biggest Morning Tea, will be helping Nishean develop new marketing materials for Daisy Day and be doing a little media outreach since I have experience with that from my days at Bridgeman. And get this: "the professor" whose real name I don't know, has a son who lived in Austin for 10 years and now runs the physical therapy department of St. Luke's in San Antonio and lives in Bernie, TX. Who knew I could network in Texas from Sydney?
And now, its over and out from Sydney :)
Cheers!!

No comments:
Post a Comment