
My heterosexual life partner
Originally uploaded by cheryl_lynn425.
Me: "...and I told my mom that if I don't have a job and can't buy a car I'll just drive your truck and she told me I should maybe ask you but I was like 'mom, she won't care, I don't need to ask'...."
Melissa: "well you've been more of a boyfriend to me for the past however many years than most the boys I've dated and I let them drive my truck all the time so you can use it too"
OK so that conversation was not today but its my fav example of me and melissa, of squirell and fish. And then today while sitting at the Cancer Council and thinking about how great some American lemonade would be, I sent an across the world text message whine to Melissa.
Me: I want american lemonade, mexican food and a margarita. can you get me those things for christmas?
Melissa: Yes.
I know it was not a profound statement on her part but seeing as she probably received that message at 3am any positive response she could send me all the way in far-away-land would do. And that my friends was the highlight of my day: knowing she is going to hook me up w/lemonade, mexican food and a margarita when I return.
I was so excited by this international text message that I started mentally decorating our apartment and had to go to apartments.com just one more time to look at the beauty that is the cheap apartment in Austin I plan on having....
For those of you who saw this picture and thought "oh Melissa is visiting Cheryl in Sydney!" I hate to disappoint you with my little lemonade story but believe me when I tell you, it was definitely an exciting moment for me. Besides if she was coming to visit, we would have been counting down for weeks if not months at this point...
On another note, as I was leaving today my boss Karen told me she's got a new project for me. I will be developing a corporate sponsorship challenge to tag on to one of our events. I'm really pumped for it, more details to come :)
Cheers!

No comments:
Post a Comment