Monday, October 23, 2006

Off to Cairns!!


out w/Claus
Originally uploaded by cheryl_lynn425.

Friday after work, the other RAs and I came home from work a little early, chaotically organized ourselves and headed out. Apparently in Australia, they let anyone on their planes, the exact opposite of the US. We got there 1.5 hours before the flight, which meant our cab ride went a little quicker than we expected given that it was 5:30p on a Friday. Got there and I walked through baggage screening without anyone even asking to see my ticket, let alone my ID card. But then we had tons of time so Jess treated to drinks in an airport bar at which point we decided Claus, Ashley's teddy bear that her boyfriend's mom made, was a total ladies man. Hence the pic. Then finally hopped on the plane, flew to Cairns, caught a cab at by 11p were mostly settled in our hostel.
Of course 11p on a Friday is not a time to be in for the night, so we went out for just a bit where Ashley and I karaokeed to "Chattahoochie." Yup, good night.

No comments: