Sunday, November 05, 2006

You can run but you can't hide


IM000865.JPG
Originally uploaded by cheryl_lynn425.

Yesterday I wrote up what I thought was a relatively amusing blog about my inability to escape home, namely NASA. I went on to say how don't get me wrong, I really do love NASA. The NASA folk are good people and the organization provides jobs for most my town. And then you know what happened? Flickr/blogspot hated me and wouldn't let mem publish it. Yeah I know, what a pain.

So now you get the short version. I spent part of yesterday afternoon at the Powerhouse Museum because they were supposed to have a cool train exhibit. I thought to myself "I'll go, check out the trains, get some photos for Dad and pick him up an Aussie-train-related Christmas present." Well I saw some trains, took some pics, saw a HUGE NASA exhibit -- let us note, it was not a space exhibit, it was a NASA exhibit, in AUSTRALIA -- and then wandered into the gift shop. I'm sorry to say they had a pretty lame selection of Aussie-train-related items. Thus I got nothing for good old Dad. I mean really, I'm not going to come to Australia and get my dad a lame puzzle of a train going through the Rocky Mountains. No way jose.

Cool thing at the Powerhouse Museum though: a dancing robot arm. I must have watched that thing for 10 minutes straight. It was great!!

And now my friends, it is time to write a social policy paper, hang up my laundry and clean my room. I suppose some things never change (like chores) not even in Australia.

Cheers!

No comments: