
Festive Martin Place
Originally uploaded by cheryl_lynn425.
Holy moley! It was hot! It was 38 in Sydney today which is 100 farenheit. Lord oh lord, it was toasty!
But the city is all decorated for Christmas, Martin Place and George Street especially. Tomorrow they will light the Christmas tree in town and then there's a light display up and down George St until Xmas. Defintely something I will have to check out.
In othe news, I have a funny Melissa story I must tell. I called her this morning, 7:30a my time. And she was telling me about her new life plan, and by life plan I mean for the next like 2 years. But its not just her life, she's got mine taken care of too.
We'll move to Austin in May where we will each begin to date a nice successful businessman. Mine will probably be tall and broad shouldered, hers will probably be short and Mexican because those are our types. And they will get along wonderfully so we can have many many double dates. It will be grand!
And then in about 2 years, it will dawn on each of them that we are the best thing to ever happen to them and they must marry us. So they will each propose and we'll move from our cute little apartment to living with our respective fiances.
Oh but it gets better. Now we of course have to have a double wedding, in keeping with the theme. (Here I suggested we just share the weekend but before I could finish she cut me off. It was too early to argue with her anyways.) At this double wedding we will take our vows to our grooms and then Melissa and I will say heterosexual life partner vows to each other. She's going to write them. They will include our motto, "white trash on the weekends" and lyrics to our song "Biggie Biggie can't you see" and our old nicknames, Fish and Squirrel.
Would you like to attend the double wedding? From what I gather it will be an amazing party...but you'll have to check with Melissa. She's in charge.
Cheers!

1 comment:
i had no idea it got that hot in sydney. thanks for the education! i've been in hawaii for Christmas and it was a little hard to take the 80 degrees. it would be even harder to take 100 for Santa's big delivery.
Post a Comment