
Snow Down Under
Originally uploaded by cheryl_lynn425.
Its supposed to be nearly summer here. Like late spring. Late spring in Texas is already 85 degrees. Even in Boston, late spring is...well ok thats a crummy example. Scratch that.
Either way it is late spring in Sydney and it is COLD. So cold I had to steal Ashley's fleece to walk to work today. Now I know the kids in Boston are going to read this and think "go to hell, I haven't been able to walk outside without a fleece for a month and there is no end in sight." And I feel their pain because I have done it. But I am in Sydney and at least half the reasoning for going to Sydney was to miss the first half of winter and all of the fall (great season though it is, fall in Boston means cold). So that is the COLD aspect of this blog.
And now onto the Beautiful, a much happier more exciting segment. In order to tell the beautiful I have to give some sad back story. The short version is that about three weeks ago Grandma was diagnosed with breast cancer. She's been in good spirits and very positive about this since her diagnosis.
Last Wednesday she started chemo, which is to continue through all of November. Today, via a series of emails, I finally got in touch with my mom who told me that yes, this week's chemo went well, just like last week's. And then, THEN a bit later, I got another email that was nothing short of BEAUTIFUL.
According to my Aunt Fran, who has been Grandma's executive medical assistant throughout all this, the doc had good news today. The cancer should be CURABLE. Isn't that BEAUTIFUL? Have you ever heard something more beautiful in your life?
We're not totally out of the woods until probably the end of March but it was caught early and hasn't spread. The prognosis is very good. When I talked to Grandma today she was incredibly positive and eager to give me all the details.
And as Grandma told the docs, she has things to do so they need to fix her up. I mean, she's got her East Coast Tour in May for graduations.
BEAUTIFUL.
Cheers :)

1 comment:
Three cheers for curable cancer! That is beautiful. Good luck, Grandma!
Post a Comment