
n41200720_30268185_7182.jpg
Originally uploaded by cheryl_lynn425.
After a short detour -- we got lost -- we found our way to Katoomba Falls. KF was just amazing! There was this ledge above us that the water fell from, then it came down a rocky cliff, to the ledge where we all played for a bit and then off another drop.
The part where Ankur and I are standing in this pic is just a few yards above the ledge where we spent a good hour. We couldn't get any higher up really because it was incredibly slippery. And of course when we climbed down, our backs were soaked from standing in the fall. But at least we got a cool pic and climbed a waterfall huh?
Otherwise we just sunbathed and played in the water as it came down for the next hour. It was a much needed rest from our hiking and the view was amazing.
Once we left the fall, we hiked a bit more and then split into two hiking parties. Five of us, myself included, headed back to the hostel, a hike that included climbing 900 stairs and took over an hour altogether. The other four hiked on a little farther and took a 1400 staircase up out of the valley. Why one would climb 500 more stairs than necessary is beyond me.
Five take-away meals later, we perched ourselves in a booth at the hostel that we would not leave til around midnight. When the rest of the gang returned from their 1400 stair climb we started a 3 hr game of Trivial Pursuit. Ankur and I had a comeback like you would not believe! We schooled them all :)
Sunday morning, Ankur Andrew Melvin and Matt went to play golf. Steve went on a cave tour, Jake went hiking on his own and the girls and I headed out to Wentworth Falls. The hike to view the fall was farther that we expected and by the time we made it back to the train my legs were practically shaking with exhaustion. But I suppose 7 hours of hiking in the course of a 24-hour period will do that to a person...
Liz and Kristina wanted to try the kangaroo viewing place but I had to throw in the towel. So off they went to find 'roos and to the train back to Sydney I went. In retrospect, I am definitely glad I went back to Sydney as their roo find was fruitless.
And that my friends about sums it up! It was a great little excursion to the Blue Mountains. A little sad because I think its my last Aussie holiday. But hey, I can't complain, I'm in Australia.
Cheers!

No comments:
Post a Comment