
IM000930.JPG
Originally uploaded by cheryl_lynn425.
Many many moons ago, Mom was getting her masters at U of H when she met a lovely and fiesty woman named Veronica. Today Mom, Veronica and the other "girls" who graduated with their masters degrees fom U of H in 2002 still get together about once a month to eat, drink and dish.
Exactly 8594 miles away, give or take a few yards, Veronica's sister Carissa and I had drinks in a pub called The Forbes here in Sydney. Carissa has definitely absorbed the Aussie way of life because though lovely like her sister, she's more mellow. She lets Veronica handle the fiesty elements of life. And this is of course a compliment to both!
Anyways, Carissa and I had been trying to get together since basically the day I got here and finally, FINALLY managed to do so. We chatted Texas, we chatted Aussie, we chatted Ameican football. It was fabulous! She may be teaching me how to play lawn ball this weekend and I may be providing her with a turkey dinner on Thanksgiving. Great little give and take we have going on.
And check out the beautiful urban sunset on the way home from drinks tonight. What a splendid, though chilly-for-November-in-Sydney day
Cheers mate

No comments:
Post a Comment