Wednesday, December 13, 2006

THREE


IM000222.JPG
Originally uploaded by cheryl_lynn425.

So the countdown is getting to quite small numbers and I don't like it.

Today we had our last final (wooohooo!!) and then a slideshow of pics sent in from the whole semester. Lots of oooh-ing and ahhh-ing as can be imagined. It was very nice, I must admit. Actually a pic I submitted of Ankur, Matt and Andrew won second place. Speaking of which, Matt still owes me a drink for submitting that.

After all that was our BU-Sydney Holiday Party. It was great!! The view from the American Club was nothing short of amazing, looking out to the Opera House from one window and the remainder of the harbour from another.

I said my goodbye to baby Jack, Mark and Charlie's baby who I have come to love lots and lots. I ran into Caleb who with any luck I will see Thursday night at the Mars Bar where he works. I also said goodbye to Thomas, my favorite German of all time. I cannot wait til him and Lauren move to the US. They will be such fabulous "neighbors."

Karen and Naushin came for an hour and a half or so. I really do love those two ladies. They are cheery, intelligent and kind; I could not have asked for two better women to work for and with this semester. It was great to see them for one last time before I leave. I hope I am able to keep in touch with both of them once I return to the States.

All around it was a great send off, lots and lots of fun and lots and lots of pictures.

It really sank in that it was a send off though after the party in Darllng Harbour when I said my first real goodbye. Since I am going to play with kangaroos tomorrow I will not see Matt Ryan before he leaves. I could not believe the number of times we needed to hug and reassure each other that we will see one another in February. I will miss that kid tons, much like I will miss everyone else. It's really sinking in now; my semester in Sydney, with these fabulous friends I have made is coming to a close. I will miss them immensely! I can't imagine Sydney without them!

I hope each one of them, each program staff, and the folks at the Cancer Council know how serious I am about having house guests. I'm as serious as I can be when I say "mi casa es su casa" and I sincerely hope they each take me up on it at least once in the course of life. They've made my semester here more than I ever imagined it could be and they are all very dear to me.

With that said....COME VISIT ME!! Til May I have a home I Boston I offer to you and after May its a home in Austin that I welcome you to! Come visit!

Cheers mates, I think y'all are swell.

No comments: