
Here's to Sydney
Originally uploaded by cheryl_lynn425.
Omigoodness!!! Today was my last full day in Sydney...and what a rainy day at that.
Ashley leaves early in the morning and I am playing with Erin for most the day, and since it was rainy anyways, we spent the better part of the day singing Christmas carols and packing. There was a small a adventure with Mere to the Sydny Uni store for goodies and another small adventure to the BU building but nothing too exciting.
I had an excellent chat with Al. He's a good kid, I like him. With any luck he will be in town for graduation. I really hope so! He says if he is he will make a point of meeting my family because I've told him stories and he thinks that I have a great family. I must agree, great people and really funny sometimes. Really really funny. What other family has Methodists, Catholics, Jews, Mormons and Wiccans? None that I know.
Speaking of fun religions, Ashley and I got to celebrate the first night of Hanukkah with Mere tonight. What a beautiful holiday; pretty candles, family, pressies and good food. I like Christmas too much to become Jewish but I would like to be like my Jewish family and Lindsay's immediate family and just celebrate both.
Tonight was our only real excursion, out to my favorite place: Pancakes on the Rocks!! Oh it was equally good the second time around. Much much more crowded but excellent. It was also the third time I had breakfast today...good thing I like breakfast food.
And now, because its after midnight I have officially begun the 45-hour day in which I will spend nearly a full day in Sydney and nearly a full day in Honolulu. Yes, its special, very special. Few can say they have done that.
Its been a wonderful trip; amazing life-long friends, to-die-for internship, world-class travels, once-in-a-lifetime outings and pretty swell just all around.
For that, Sydney, I raise my glass to you.
Cheers

No comments:
Post a Comment