
IM000272.JPG
Originally uploaded by cheryl_lynn425.
I played with kangaroos this morning!!
Mere, Dana and I took the train/bus to the Featherdale Wildlife Park and got up close and personal with some Aussie natives. We saw so many different animals, clearly kangaroos and koalas were among them.
We went into one part of the park where 'roos and emus just hang out and you can pet them and feed the roos. Roos are so funny when they eat or walk! We had their food in ice cream cones and this one roo tried to hold the cone with his paws! Cute cute cute. And sometimes they walk on all fours instead of hopping on their back two legs. Its just silly looking!
We also saw a HUGE croc, I'm talking 10 or 12 feet long. Maybe longer my perception of length is pretty off. We saw penguins, peacocks, wombats, quokkas (which look like large rats that breeded with kangaroos a generation or two ago), dingos, tasmanian devils, kukaburra birds, cockatu birds and albino roos.
And I got to cuddle a koala!! They are really cute. Like you think, oh of course koalas are cute, but they are cute like you don't even know. Even up close they look just like stuffed animals.
Unrelated to cute animals...
I got an email from the Director of Recruitment with the American Cancer Society who covers Texas!!! She saw my resume and wants to discuss opportunities with me! I could only be happier if I were actually offered a job. I'll be speaking with her next week so keep your fingers (all 10 of them!) crossed.
Also I can't count. Hence today is day 3.5 of the countdown.
Cheers yall

1 comment:
duck-billed platypus? did you see one of those? please, please, please say yes. that's on my list to do before i die. seriously.
Post a Comment