Sunday, December 03, 2006

Christmas Time in the City


David Jones
Originally uploaded by cheryl_lynn425.

This morning, every parent and child in Sydney joined me on an adventure to David Jones, a beautiful department store with an amazing Christmas display. Once I manuevered around the strollers, oh excuse me, "prams," I finally made it to the 6th floor where I was inundated by "Chrissie" decorations. Yes my friends, it was heaven in an Aussie department store.

And I got to relive an much loved Cheryl-Melissa tradition, sadly, without Melissa. I went to the pretty dresses department and started trying those babies on. Not that I could afford a single dress in the shop but boy oh boy was it fun!

Don't worry Melissa, it wasn't as fun as when we do it. Besides, as mentioned a few months ago, there is no rhyme or reason to Aussie dress sizes. So I inevitable carried in dresses of every size figuring at least one might fit. How I crave good old standardized American clothing sizes.

I'm trying not to countdown, because I'm not particularly anxious to leave Sydney, but its hard not to think about the fact that I only have 13 days left. On the one hand I am ready to be home for the holidays but just in the same way I always want to be home for the holidays. I wish "going home for the holidays" didn't mean leaving Australia for an indefinite time. So much to do, so little time!

Cheers mate!

No comments: