
Group surf
Originally uploaded by cheryl_lynn425.
Thirty of us got in a bus with some Aussies and went 2 hours south of Sydney to 7 Mile Beach and surfed!! It was a great weekend with little beachside cabins, a great beach and surfing. I think most of us got up on the board during day 1. I sure did! Ashley was a surfing pro, as was Tom. Saturday night we went out, played some games and generally had a great time. I taught everyone--half a dozen kids from my program and some great Aussie women--how to line dance. It was so much fun to see everyone trip over their feet, then pick up the steps and then finish in first rate style. Day 2 we were all pretty exhausted but I got up on the board a few more times before the rain storm came in.
And I never realized how much work surfing was! I'm still sore but I got an amazing arm work out and it feels good to have moved all weekend. It was also a fabulous bonding weekend for everyone who went. Nothing will bond a group like wet suits.

No comments:
Post a Comment