Monday, September 11, 2006

Rock & Roll All Night


Jess & me
Originally uploaded by cheryl_lynn425.

Friday night was gloriously long :) We started out as a large group at dinner, a place called the Australian Heritage. They make gourmet pizzas with distinctly Australian toppings, like emu and kangaroo. I however did not eat kangaroo pizza, too much for me. But I did try emu, not too bad actually. Kinda like a red meat that has a pork-ish flavor. Interesting to say the least.

Ashley and I took the group up to the Orient Hotel but I don't think they were quite as entertained as we were. About 10 they left us to our own devices which kept us out until pretty decently late. We did well even by local standards which are far higher than in the States. The downfall of the night though was that Pancakes on the Rocks, a 24-hour pancake restaurant, was closed for renovations. But at least we know they will be open again soon.

That was really the highlight of the weekend, otherwise it was cold and rainy and I didn't get out of my pajamas except to sit in the jacuzzi and make a grocery store run...

No comments: