
Andrew & me in pyramid
Originally uploaded by cheryl_lynn425.
First week of class and we managed not to have our 6 hour Tuesday class (God willing I am interpreting the schedule wrong...).
But it was a nice day, and the rest of the week isn't supposed to be so nice, thus Andrew (Jr at Colorado College, pre-law, swimmer, great guy) and I went on an outdoors adventure to the Botanic Gardens over by Circular Quay. Basically its just a big park on the water with labeled plants. But they did have this mini-rainforest pyramid, not quite as great as Moody Gardens but a helluva lot cheaper too. Its all relative right? Explored that and learned all about bug eating plants and plants that male wasps try to get it on with...things you didn't know huh? And, this was one of the cooler things, in some of the trees maybe 4 or 5 of them in the park, were a million bats! Just hanging out up there asleep. They are kinda hard to see in the pic I took but they are there. Amazing views of the Harbour Bridge and SOH from the Gardens too.
And then I accidently made the pic b&w when editting it and couldn't undo it...and now I actually have to go to class. My mom will be glad to hear that, she thinks I am just playing here but while she's not totally right, she's not totally wrong either...

No comments:
Post a Comment