Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Welcome to LA

DDD @ UCLA
DDD @ UCLA,
originally uploaded by cheryl_lynn425.
Sooo after getting up at 1a Cali time (4a Boston time) taking a cab to Logan, checking my overweight luggage, flying to the exciting city of Milwakee and then flying another four hours I was finally in LA! Hurray!! Risa's Mommy picked me up from LAX and we had some quality time together eating at this cute little place Shutters, in Santa Monica. I saw the Pacific Ocean for the first time!! (My guess is the first of many times over the next 4 months) The view was amazing but I of course left my camera in the car. Then a fab walk down to the Santa Monica pier. Oh and I saw the Hotel California. you knew some little hotel owner would have to name their place that right. Wasn't that great, never stay at the Hotel California in Santa Monica. We hopped back in the car and swung by UCLA where Taryn (Risa's older sister) is a delta. Took some snapshots of the delta house, mostly b/c of this cool tile work. Dessert and coffee w/Mama Muchnick and Taryn and then to Olive Garden to visit Miss Risa and have dinner. Yes thats right, I ate my way across LA. I think today will be some beaching w/Risa and then where ever Bridie comes and takes me away to tonight while Risa is back at the Olive Garden. If I could add music to a blog here you would here the song from the opening of the OC "California...."

No comments: