I actually made it around the world! We wasted no time at all, first day here, me the other RAs and our boss, Al went exploring. We took the bus down to Circular Quay and saw the Opera House. Its amazing up close!! I never realized it before but its actually 3 separate buildings, just very close together. As you get really close it doesn't even look like the Opera House you've seen in a million and one pics. We went inside, but just to get the calendar for Sept/Oct so we can go see a show, probably for Ashley's birthday in October.
I got some great pics of downtown Sydney as well. It reminds me of a mix between something slightly Asian but fused with the Jetsons. You can see the Botanical Gardens and the Navy Yard from the Opera House as well as the Sydney Harbour Bridge. And they do climbs of the bridge, just a measly 3.5 hours. Something I think I will do later in the semester when it warms up.
Did a lot more today, including Bondi Beach but b/c I have to upload pics from the BU computer lab they won't be posted probably til tomorrow. But they are possibly th emost amazing pics I have ever seen.
Tuesday, August 29, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment